Aller au contenu

• Planète Citroën est le forum qui regroupe les passionnés des véhicules de la marque Citroën ainsi que de ses cousines (Peugeot, DS Automobiles et autres PSA, maintenant Stellantis).
    Ce forum s'adresse autant aux véhicules anciens (DS, CX, C6, ...) qu'aux véhicules les plus récents, comme les derniers véhicules de la marque hybrides ou électriques.

Retrouvez ici des passionnés experts qui partageront leur expérience mécanique ainsi que leur connaissances sur les codes OBD, DiagBox et Lexia, ServiceBox, ...

Les adhérents bénéficient de conditions particulières chez notre partenaire Ma Pièce Auto Bretagne.

Casse toit panoramique

Invité tosh09

Messages recommandés

Hello,

Sorry for using english on this great forum, but my french is not the best when it comes to expressing myself.

Four days ago I finally got my C4 (2.0, 138hp, berliné, Toit panoramique, Sx-pack(=dynamic in Sweden?)).

It's a wonderfull car, a great improvemnet after the Xsara I had before.

But today, after taking a sharp turn when leaving the highway, the car made a sharp sound and the roof broke. I now have a large crack on one side of the glass roof.

Do you think this is a faulty roof or is this something that comes with the glass roof? I mean the glass roof beeing more rigid than the rest of the metal bodywork of the car?

/T

• Réponses 277
  • Créé
  • Dernière réponse

Meilleurs contributeurs dans ce sujet

Meilleurs contributeurs dans ce sujet

Images postées

Invité Grand Dav

:welcome: tosh09,

I think there was a mistake with your roof. The glass roof is normaly more rigid than a metal roof. You're the first one to meet this issue. Is it possible for you to put a photo here ?

Thank you.

Wow ! That's what one can call really bad luck.... I hope Citroen is going to sort that out very quickly. But that must be quite a big thing to replace the whole roof. Whatever happens, there was a fault in the first place and I think you should be entitled to a brand new replacement car. Very scary....

Fingers crossed,

Pierre.

Invité reichad
Welcome, it is very astonishing because I never had this problem and roof has me the rather solid air: Which is the response of your garage ?

Invité tosh09

Today I went to the garage.

The answer; "not a faulty construction - must have been a rock or something". This means I have to charge this on my insurance. That will cost me 35% of the price of the roof and the work.

/T

Hi Tosh. I think you should complain directly to Citroen in Sweden. I do not see how a rock would have made such a huge crack on the roof unless it was thrown down your car from a plane or a martian spacecraft for that matter. This is absolute bullshit ! As far as I remember, you said that the crack appeared when cornering, which sounds to me like the chassis of the car was not balanced properly and put way too much strain on the roof that eventually broke. This should definitely be sorted out by Citroen, not your insurance company, especially if you have to pay for 35% of the repair (which will probably amount to 5 or 6000 euros). You should write a letter to Citroen's customer service in Sweden, and maybe in France and see what happens.

I hope all of this will be sorted out quickly.

All the best,

Pierre.

Invité reichad
Today I went to the garage.

The answer; "not a faulty construction - must have been a rock or something". This means I have to charge this on my insurance. That will cost me 35% of the price of the roof and the work.

/T

35% of a price which must be with mona very expensive opinion: Good luck in the step to come :)

Invité Dan Ullén
I think you should complain directly to Citroen in Sweden.

Absolutly! And if they can't admit that it is a construction fault, take it through "Konsumentverket". If everything else fails, take it to Sverker*. That should make them shiver in their pants. Anyway, you should NEVER give up and pay for it yourself, with or without insurance.

/Dan

*Sverker is the host of a consumer information program on Swedish national television.

Invité Dan Ullén
Is there a service of assistance to the consumers?

Yes, both on a national level and in each commune. I think Citroën will have some difficulty to prove that this crack has been caused by something else than tension in the car body. If they try they will look very foolish and it will cost them greatly in bad publicity. That a single dealer has no grasp on public relations is no more than what can be expected. But Citroën Sweden should be wise enough to lay themselves flat when they see s**t going in the direction of the fan. :)

/Dan

I hope that Citroen Sweden is wiser than Citroen France. These guys would rather stand up and jump up and down in front of the fan (wicked expression by the way).

Fingers crossed for Tosh !

Pierre.

Invité tosh09

Hello again,

I have now mailed everybody I could think about (Citroën Sweden, HQ in france, the head of the insurencecompany etc...).

The next step will be to the media.

The last answer from Citroën insurence in Sweden is that the damage falls under the 3-year bodyworkinsurence(?? "vagnsskadegaranti" in swedish) that came with the car. That means 6 250 SEK from my own purse (600 Euro).

/T

Hi,

I hope you're gonna get answers to all your emails. I think you should ignore the "body work insurance" because there is obviously a primary fault in the car and Citroen has to repair the whole thing or replace the car. On the other hand I suppose it does not feel too good to drive a car with a broken roof on a daily basis while waiting for Citroen to sort things out...

Invité Dan Ullén

The crack might not look good, but I'm quite sure there is no danger in driving with it. I saw a picture of a C4 with glass roof that had rolled and the roof was still in place even though it was shattered and looked like a grey rug.

/Dan

• 2 semaines après...
Invité tosh09

Hello again

I have now recieved answers from both Citroën Sweden and HQ in France. They both say that this is just an unfortunate accident, and that it's not a problem with the roof in itself.

So no success with them. I guess I have to face it. Pay another 6500 SEK to fix it...

An interesting thing in the mail from Citroën France though; they said that in France a broken glass roof is not covered by the insurance, that you have to pay the full price of the repair by yourself. They then tell me that I'm lucky to live in Sweden and because of that having a more generous insurance. Is this really correct? Are french insurance deals that bad? If they are I would never get a panorama roof on my car if living in France...

/T

this is not true, some insurance cover this damage as "broken glasses" but business is business, all of them don't do that
y'a pas de fumée sans diesel

• 5 mois après...
That is good news, although my understanding is that problems have been caused not by bumps but by laterial torsion of the cabin structure during tight turns at speed