Aller au contenu

C4 Upgrade RD4 to RT3

Invité dsasic

Messages recommandés

Hello,

I understand French a bit so I can read the Forum but I am unfortunately not comfortable enough to write so please excuse me for writing my question in English.

I have C4 Coupe 1.6 VTR with Bluetooth enabled CD/Radio RD4 N1-01 (PSA RD4 B5 N1 KML VA).

Since I have found out that my RD4 is not MP3 enabled I purchased from my Citroen dealer the 9706.AG MP3 cable kit - only to find out that my radio only has one aux-in available and that one is already factory reserved for Bluetooth hands free!

So, the only solution for me as I see it is to purchase RD4 Level 2 unit with MP3 capabilities - Citroen part no. 6564.F2 - since I don't want to install aftermarket units and loose other OBC functions.

The problem is that my dealer in Serbia says that he cannot order the other unit for me and Citroen representatives that I tried to contact from neighboring countries are ignoring my emails.

And now for the reason I am posting this message in RT3 forum.

I have been able to find one Peugeot RT3 unit for sale together with GPS/GSM antenna but without screen. The seller says that this unit is intended for monochrome screen. Will I be able to connect this unit to my screen (I believe that I have monochrome screen type C) and will I still be able to use Bluetooth connectivity with my cell phones? I think that Citroen Bluetooth handsfree is not an integral part of the RD4 unit itself but only connects to its aux-in? Are there any other issues that I should be aware of if doing this conversion?

Please, any help concerning my problem, both RD4 L2 or RT3 solution, would be highly appreciated!

Thanx!