Aller au contenu

• Planète Citroën est le forum qui regroupe les passionnés des véhicules de la marque Citroën ainsi que de ses cousines (Peugeot, DS Automobiles et autres PSA, maintenant Stellantis).
    Ce forum s'adresse autant aux véhicules anciens (DS, CX, C6, ...) qu'aux véhicules les plus récents, comme les derniers véhicules de la marque hybrides ou électriques, .

Retrouvez ici des passionnés experts qui partageront leur expérience mécanique ainsi que leur connaissances sur les codes OBD, DiagBox et Lexia, ServiceBox, ... 

Please HELP: why does citroen mix car optionals?

Invité GG1975

Messages recommandés

Hello, I am an italian Citroen C4 owner and lover.

BUT Me and a lot of friends from an italian citroen forum have a problem i will try to explain.

1) Owners of C4 coupe "classique" (like me) with pack family have only the following switches on the steer:

-speed limiter and regulator

-hi fi stereo

We also have a trip computer with the simple type A software.

How can we regulate time and date if we decide to change hifi stereo with a non-stock one?

2) Owners of C4 5 doors "classique" with pack family have the following switches on the steer:

-speed limiter and regulator

-hi fi stereo

-black panel

-trip computer

They also have the better type C software on the trip computer

3) Owners of C4 "classique" both coupè and 5 doors withOUT pack family have the number 1) configuration.

I wrote an email to Citroen Italia and they confirmed that.

Same identical cars (one with 3 doors and the other with 5) have different optionals. And noone said that when we bought our cars. Noone said "if you buy the car with hi-fi you lose the trip computer commands on the steer".

This is just unacceptable. It's unfair and pretty boring for the consumer.

I also found that I will not be able through Proxy computer to enable the car-shape for the proximity sensors because I have type A software. My friend with the 5 doors version will be able!. WHY? We have same model of car.

I am happy with my car but now I think Citroen acts unfair with the customers.

I will think about that next time I buy a car.:mad: :mad:

I never heard that somebody only has 2 switches on the steering wheel!

I thought that all C4 have got the 4 switches!

It could be the same here, but I don't know because I simply took a full options version.

That's something your dealer really should have told you because it could really have affected your choice of the C4 version!That's really nasty!!! :enerver:

Thank you for the answer Fonsi.

I would like to know if someone of you has the "type A" software on the trip computer.

Do you also know the email address of the main Citroen industry in France? I want to ask them about this problem.

:post:

Tiens on passe avec 500 messages au titre d'Apprenti du Chevron! :ent:

Et comment est-ce que ceci évolue par après avec le nombre de messages?

Je ne l'ai remarqué que maintenant et pas fait attention avant!

Fin du HS.

Salut,

Fonsi, je comprend pas trop le coup des 2 switchs/4 switchs, type A, type C...

Peu tu faire un bref résumé de ce que ca correspond ?

Merci à toi ;)

PS : aprés c'est expert du chevron à 1000 messages je crois...

Je crois avoir compris que le type A, type C, c'est l'afficheur A ou C et la programmation y relative.

Pour les switchs, ce sont les boutons de commande sur le volant!

Et lui, il n'a que ceux du limitateur/régulateur et ceux du radio.

Il lui manquent ceux de l'ODB et du télephone/commande vocale.

Et son vendeur ne lui avait pas précisé qu'avec le meme "pack family" il y a des différences entre coupé et berline!Notamment l'absence de 2 sortes de touches et un autre afficheur!

J'espère que j'étais assez claire. :em:

This is type C software:

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/4468/foto26ft.jpg

This is C4 classique 5 doors+ pack family(=radar recul+hifi) steer

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/3268/foto37jh.jpg

This is type A software

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/5563/foto49yv.jpg

This is c4 coupe classique+ pack family, and every c4 base version with stock hi-fi steering wheel

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/5973/foto57rk.jpg

WHERE are the commands of my trip computer? On the Hi-fi? And if I change Hi-fi????

I hope i posted pics well!! :eek:

Ben moi, j'ai pas le Navidrive et donc pas les touches au volant qui vont avec...j'ai les commandes au volant de l'ODB...donc ma voiture est conforme ! mais ce n'est pas une "classique", je crois pas avoir vu de différence en france entre les commandes au volant du coupé et de la berline "classique"...Bizarre :???:

I don't understand your problem.

The only way to change date/time is to replace it with the genuine radio.

Anyway, if you need more informations , try this address (for french customers)

CITROEN

Service relation clientèle

Immeuble Colisée III

12 rue Fructidor

75835 PARIS cedex 17

tel : 0810 63 90 00 ou 01 58 79 79 79

Si j'ai bien compris, son problème c'est que sur une coupé "classique" +hifi, il n'a pas les commandes de l'ODB au volant, alors que sur une berline "classique" +hifi, elles y sont !

Malheureusement je crains qu'il n'y ai pas assez de propiétaire de C4 classique sur le forum (voir pas du tout) il en faudrait au moin deux pour comparer si c'est pareil en France, la majorité commence avec une C4 VTR ! :ll

allfonce, in the last picture I posted, You can change date/time! Because there are the trip computer commands on the steer. (do you see the little mouse icon?)

You cant change date/time if you order the car with genuine hi-fi and then you change it with a non genuine.

Because with genuine hi-fi you dont have trip computer commands on the steer (picture 4).

So its better not to buy genuine hi-fi. You can buy it later... so you have al the switches!!!

Thats insane.

If I well remember the VTR I tried, there is no switch neither on the wheel to control the car computer.

In that case, everything is done through the Hi-Fi, and if you change it, you lose all controls (like on the Peugeot with RD4).

Thanks PSA, this should have saved at least 0.5€...

kham you dont have to say "thanks citroen" because this is ILLEGAL from citroen.

You cant lose a genuine thing of the car (computer steer controls) because you PAY for an optional (hi-fi). Optional is surplus.

Anyway I contacted italian dealer. I want my original computer controls on the car. Otherwise I will legally resolve the problem

Hello,

Here in Belgium for the coupé, we have Tentation, VTR, VTR Pack and VTS.

Tentation and VTR have the type A screen and only two switchs on the steer. Regulator/limitor on the left and hifi on the right (volume up and down+mute/pause+next track+change station). If we buy a Tentation or a VTR without the RD4 (witch is not include in the price), we are not be able to modify the date, the time and olso soms options I thing. I ask for another Hi-Fi with MP3 but I will lose all the control so I don't change.

On VTR Pack and VTS, the steer have 4 switchs and the type C screen ... .

kham you dont have to say "thanks citroen" because this is ILLEGAL from citroen.

You cant lose a genuine thing of the car (computer steer controls) because you PAY for an optional (hi-fi). Optional is surplus.

Anyway I contacted italian dealer. I want my original computer controls on the car. Otherwise I will legally resolve the problem

Hi, this was sarcastic...

Like you, I hate this policy, and that's just bullshit from PSA!

If I understand well you have a version with no Radio-CD on it. This one comes with trip computer buttons on the wheel. I believe this version doesn't exist in France at all.

Some (expensive) Car-Radio can connect now to board computer, maybe you should look for one of them and see if they are compatable with the C4.

Ce que j'ai compris:

Il y a une version sans autoradio d'usine. Cette version à les touches pour l'ordinateur de bord à la place de celles pour l'autoradio sur le volant (voir la photo). Je crois qu'on a pas ça en france

Par contre si on prend une entrée de gamme avec autoradio on a pas ces touches et si on change l'autoradio on est coincé.

I have a version with radio-cd !

But they replaced the computer buttons on the wheel with the radio-cd buttons!

The computer buttons are on the radio-cd.

So if I change the radio-cd I lose the computer buttons forever.

C'est ce que j'ai comprit aussi moi j'ai le second niveau de finition et j'ai acheté l'autoradio. Je n'ai donc pas les touches de l'OdB sur le volant puisqu'elles sont sur l'autoradio. Si je change et que je met un autoradio MP3, je perdrai les commandes de l'OdB.